Followers

Monday, February 13, 2012

A few looks and my foundation routine

I've been lame and haven't posted a look in a little bit but I have a few for you today.

So recently I was asked to try out and review (which I'll be doing sometime soon) a Valentine's Day collection of mineral shadows from Pink Blossom Cosmetics.  Well obviously I said I'd do it!  So here's the look I did using that collection of shadows.  It's a very soft, girly look which I think would be fun for Valentine's Day (although, I'd probably do something dark and smokey myself haha).

What I used:
Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
Valentine's Collection from Pink Blossom cosmetics
Sweetheart on lid
Red Wine in crease
Soulmate above crease
White Chocolate as highlight
L'oreal Lineur Intense Carbon Black liquid liner
L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara

Lips:
A very light layer of MAC's Viva Glam Nicki
Revlon "Cupcake" lip butter

Next up is a look I did when it was stinkin gloomy out so my pictures aren't very good haha.
Sorry I look like a snot here haha
What I used:
TFSI
NYX JEP "Black Bean"
MAC "Teal" pigment
NYX "Black" shadow
NYX "White" shadow
MAC Blacktrack fluidline
L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara

Lips:
Viva Glam Nicki
Revlon "Creamsicle" lip butter

And lastly, I have a purple look, go figure haha

What I used:
TFSI
NYX JEP "Black Bean"
Glamour Doll Eyes "Tattooed" 
NYX "black" shadow
MAC "Blanc Type" shadow
Urban Decay "Virgin" to highlight

Lips:
Lime Crime "Coquette" lipstick

I made a video of how I do my foundation.  I already posted on YouTube but I'm really nervous to share it on here haha.  First of all, I have no makeup on to start.  Secondly, I make some really ugly faces when I do my foundation haha.  And it's just really hard to put yourself out there like that and I know how cruel people can be, especially on YouTube.  Like people just sit there and find videos so they can make mean comments.  Luckily, I haven't gotten one yet but I'm sure it's coming haha.  So please be kind to me because it's so scary putting this out there for people to see! 

But you get a little bonus of my Sullivan who decides to wander around in the background and then stand in the corner of the video (I think he knew what he was doing haha!).  I get my music for videos right through YouTube and I was looking to see what songs matched up in length and when my daughter heard this song, she said, "I like that one!!" so that's why this is the song I chose haha.  She felt all special being able to help!

As always, thank you so much for your support!  You guys have always been so kind to me!! 

13 comments:

  1. i've really been wanting to try the neutrogena healthy skin foundation, i haven't gotten around to it yet! i always have trouble picking out a shade at the drugstore, since i don't know how it's going to look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love those last two looks :) All are gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always look at your pictures and marvel at how perfectly you do your foundation and contour. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did a great job! i was hoping you were start making videos! hopefully you can do a tutorial soon :)
    I can't wait to start making videos myself soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo! I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great video! Such a good idea to blend out the concealer with that brush! Imust try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are gorgeous without makeup! Love all your looks all the time! I need to learn blending like you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't be nervous, please the majority of us definitely DO NOT have perfect skin wihtout makeup, so I totally understand! I'd love to see a contouring video, your contouring always looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehehe i totally cracked up at the music choice. and your dog. he's stinking cute!

    ps - great job on the video!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very brave of you to go online! You gave away a couple of great secrets in your video. What people should not overlook is Stippling. It takes a lot of patience to do it, but the results are really worth it, particularly for special occasions. I will share a technique I use to cover blemishes. For emergencies (particularly the occasional scab) I blend green color corrector with concealer for a "custom concealer". I recommend Mint Color Adjuster by Color Me Beautiful because its consistency blends well with other products and it has a long shelf life because it doesn't dry out in a narrow tube the way many green correctors do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The last look is my FAVORITE!!! Love it!!! I love that you are making videos!!! Love watching them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love! I wish you would do a post on your skincare routine. Or maybe you have already and can point me to it? :)

    ReplyDelete