Followers

Sunday, September 18, 2011

3 looks and finally a step towards justice!

This week was my daughter's 6th birthday!!!  I can't believe how fast time goes by.  Yeah, everyone says it but that's just because it's true.  Since I've said that nobody warned me, if you don't have kids yet, I'm warning you.  They grow up.  And they don't stop growing up.  They just keep going!  I know it seems like a silly thing to say but when my daughter was born I never thought about her turning 6.  It's crazy.

So my daughter and I made these chocolate sandwich cookies with vanilla frosting in the middle, then we rolled them in purple sprinkles so they stuck to the frosting.  I brought them into school for the kids, who all stared at me when I walked into the room (I am sooo not a fan of lots of people looking at me, not even if they're only 5 years old, I could feel my cheeks on fire haha).  I passed the cookies out to the kids and as I was leaving, some of the kids yelled, "Thank you!  You're the best cooker ever!" hahaha.  It made my day!

And finally we have formal charges against the man who murdered my nephew!  If you haven't been following me for very long, you might not know that in June my 20 month old nephew was killed.  And it's taken this long to get charges against the guy who did it.  He's being charged with 2nd degree murder and 1st degree manslaughter.  Of course he's pleading not guilty and I think the trial is going to be kinda rough (I wish I could go but it's just not possible) but hopefully justice will prevail.

Anyways... on to what this blog is about.  Makeup!  I still have been lacking in the exciting makeup department but I'm ok with that lately.  I wanted to do something bright, yet simple the other day so I went for the brightest blue I own haha.  Here's what I did (it reminds me of the beach haha)
I like how my cheeks look glowy here haha



The blue is Inglot 351 M and the sandy color above that is from my 88 palette, my highlight is Inglot 393 P.

And this next look is what I wore when I brought the cookies to my daughter's school.  Whenever I have to do something for her school, I always feel like I should definitely tone down the makeup.  I don't want to be the crazy mom, ya know?  So here's my super exciting mom look

I had been debating on dying my hair dark.  The only thing I would have against doing that would be if I hate it, how do I go blonde again?  So I grabbed a box of semi-permanent dye and painted on chunks of dark to get some dark in my hair to get it out of my system haha (I don't know if you can see in these pictures).  I think it looks a lot different and husband didn't even notice.  What do you think?  Should I dye my hair all dark?  Or are the lowlights enough?

And my last look, I wanted to do something soft and romantic feeling.   So here's what I did for that


I used my MAC fluidline in "Rich Ground" as a base and then used random browns and purples from my 88 palette for this.  Pink cheeks are tough when you really don't own a pink blush.  So I used my peachy ones and then threw on a bit of pink shadow to make it more pink.  I have Revlon's Just Bitten lipstain "Passion" under MAC "Creme Cup" lipstick for my lip color.  

Thank you all so so so much for following me and taking time out of your day to check this!  It means so so much to me!  Thank you!!!

P.S. This little chunk is to answer Meme's question about my last post.  She asked which colors from the 88 palette I had used so here are the colors I used!
Thanks again guys!!

11 comments:

  1. Three great looks, love the first one one best, that 'inglot 351' is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First and most importantly, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! for charges against your nephew's murderer. I can't imagine what this has done to you and your family. :(


    Secondly, you are too freakin' gorgeous and I can't pick a favorite look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all three looks. They're all stunning, but I look the drama of that blue! I'm glad progress is being made with the charges too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look great but I love the last one! So glad to hear charges are being made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I got goose bumps reading this! I've been following you only for the last couple of weeks so I had no idea about this. I can't even Imagine what you and your family are going trough.

    Happy Birthday for your beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I always think your looks are amazing, but I really love the last one the most. You can see the dark a little in some of the pics, but what do you think. I think your hair is pretty, but I'm like you I like change. I say go for it and if you don't like it, you can change it back after a few weeks. At least you'll know what it would look like. Or go try on a dark wig and see what you think...

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah yay, congrats on the justice!!
    that blue is gorgeous, I love the highlight in the inner corner in the 2nd look & the last one is just beautiful.
    I love your hair!! I think if you want to change it, don't go too dark!! But you would look beautiful with any hair colour

    ReplyDelete
  8. All 3 looks are fantastic, but the first one is surely my favorite. Happy birthday to your daughter, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the looks are beautiful! I think dark hair would be gorgeous on you! it would really make your eyes pop! Thanks for letting me know what colors you used for that look!

    So glad to hear they have charges filed. Finally some justice for baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the looks!! Happy Birthday to your daughter!! I know just how you feel I still can't believe my girls are 5 & 6 I feel like they should still be little babies!! Time sure does fly!!! Glad to hear something is being done about your nephews murder. I remember hearing the story it's so very sad!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Charlotte Sparkle: Yeah, 351 is an amazing color! I should use it more often! Thank you!

    @Leticia: Thank you so much! I am so super happy that charges have finally been made!

    @olgiepolgie: Thank you! Yeah, the blue one was my favorite too!

    @Miranda: Thank you so much! I was trying something a little different with that third look!

    @Corina: Thank you so much for your support! And my daughter couldn't be happier when I tell her people say happy birthday!

    @Foxy Aries: ya know? You're right. And I'm going to put a post up in a little bit with what I did to my hair because I read what you wrote!

    @Ashii: hahaha whoops, too late! My hair is kinda dark now! Thank you though!!

    @Ronnie: thank you so much!

    @Meme: thank you! And you're welcome! Finally! I know!

    @Lisa Marie: Thank you! I know, isn't it bananas?? It really does. And everyone says that but you don't realize it until you have a child who all of the sudden is 6.

    ReplyDelete