Followers

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Another day without eyeliner. Plus a new MAC Cremesheen lipgloss!!

I don't know what's wrong with me.  I have not been wanting to wear eyeliner.  It feels too fussy some days.  Oh well.  So today was another eyeliner free day.
Haha rockin my new trucker hat (my first!)!

So you can see the awesomeness that is my eye makeup (just kidding!)

So as you can see, my makeup was pretty boring.  I just used 4 Inglot shadows (351 M on lid, 379 M in crease, 376 M in outer v, and 393 P as a highlight).  Then I finished it off with L'oreal Extreme Volume Collagen mascara in Blackest Black.  Pretty exciting, huh?

The other day when my mom was here we decided to go to an outlet mall that isn't too terribly far from my house.  I was super excited when I saw a Cosmetic's Company Outlet there.  That means I have 2 CCO's within an hour of my house.  Nice.  

So I checked out what they had and if I had all the money in the world, I would have bought WAY more stuff.  Sometimes I need to take a step back and think, 'do I really need this?' haha and most of the time I answer 'yes' strictly because I don't have it yet.  But I grabbed a MAC mineralized eyeshadow (which I'll show you in another post, but it's GORGEOUS!), and MAC's "Right Image" cremesheen glass. 

I had a lipglass from MAC (the color was "Underage") a long time ago but I hardly ever wore it because of how sticky it was.  I don't know if they're all like that, but I haven't bought another one because I didn't like my lips sticking together.  But this cremesheen glass is another story.  It is not sticky.  I mean, your hair would probably stick if it was blown into it but I think that would happen with any lipcolor with any kind of sheen but your not going to have that uncomfortable feeling of wondering if you have a bug stuck in your gloss haha.  

So here's that color



Initially I had picked up a light nude color but the sales lady immediately said, "that'll wash you out" and I got intimidated and put the color back (I'm still kinda regretting it haha).  But after I had bought this one, I was worried that it would be too close in color to another lipgloss I recently bought, which is Revlon's super lustrous gloss in "Pink Pop".  Luckily after I got them next to one another, I saw that they are quite different.


When I first got the Revlon gloss, it didn't seem sticky to me but after wearing the Cremesheen gloss, in comparison, now it feels sticky.  Nothing like the lipglass, but it's more sticky than the cremesheen glass.  So since I'm comparing them anyways, I'll show you swatches of the Revlon one.



I'm pretty impressed with the pigmentation of both, I think the Revlon is a bit more opaque than the MAC one but whatever.  I like them both and would definitely recommend them.  The Cremesheen glass was $13 (they sell for $18.50 online, I just checked and "Right Image" is still available there) and the Revlon lipgloss I paid $3 for (because they were having a 40% off sale and I had a coupon).

I have yet to find a good drugstore (other than NYX) light pink non sparkle-filled lipgloss.  If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!  I'm always on the hunt for good light nude-pink lip colors (like I don't have enough, right? haha).

If you've been following me for a bit, you might recall that on one of our trips to New York, we came home with 41 snapping turtle eggs.  They decided they were going to hatch this week.  So now I have a million baby snapping turtles swimming around in a tank upstairs.  Luckily enough for my husband there's a huge reptile show in Daytona, Florida so take a wild guess where we're going this weekend.  Yup.  He already talked to a guy who's going to be there who will buy the snapping turtle babies from us.  And we're going to go to the beach, it's going to be a short family vacation before my baby girl starts kindergarten (Thursday!)! 

And here's a picture that makes me laugh, just to end the post.  Thanks everyone so much for checking this out and sorry this is such a lengthy post!
Haha he has to make you laugh!

11 comments:

  1. You are very beautiful! Your make up always looks perfect

    xoxo
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I totally feel you with the hating wearing eyeliner. Except for me it's less of a temporary phase and more of a day to day constant. I really suck at putting it on and 9 times out of 10 when I do put it on it ruins all my hard work of making a pretty eyeshadow look. /coolstorybro

    Good luck at the reptile show. My boyfriend is selling the last of his turtles (thank god) so we'll be turtle free in a few short weeks too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGOSH I love those lipglosses! Revlon's Pink Pop is one that I've had my eyes on for so long... But I already have a MAC one that looks really similar... By the way your makeup looks stunning. You are so gorgeous! And I love your hat too hehe =)

    3girlsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your no eyeliner looks is AMAZING! I look unfinished without eyeliner, but you look stunning! And it makes your eyelashes look endless!

    And Mr. Sullivan is so stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the formulation of cremesheens. right image is one of my faves :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot imagine my life without eyeliner...if I could sleep in it, I would! Kudos to you though, lol. PS, I love how pouty your lips are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the makeup :D
    The MAC lip glass is a really nice color :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww come on it's not boring at all! I like its subtleness and simplicity! Love the lipgloss too - these pinks are wonderfully cute! ^^

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the makeup and your hat.

    xoxo Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Chique and Glam: aw, thank you so much!

    @Meredith Jessica: That's how I feel about false lashes! It's such a gamble for me to put them on because I feel like I'm going to ruin all of my eyeshadow work that I've done! Haha and the guy from the reptile show called to see if we have more snappers because the ones we gave him are almost gone.

    @3 girls blog: thank you! I think pink pop is a beautiful color, it'd look gorgeous on you!

    @Angie: thank you! I usually feel unfinished without it too but lately I've been ok with that. I think Sullivan is super cute too so thank you!

    @sweetkiss: I really like it too! I'm glad I picked one of your favorites, must be a winner!

    @Ronnie: haha yeah, I don't know what the deal is lately, I just have been too lazy I guess because I'm usually all about eyeliner too! Haha and nobody has ever told me I have pouty lips before so thank you!

    @CopyCat: thanks! I like the lipcolor too!

    @DaphYin: Well thank you!

    @BeautyBehaved: isn't he awesome? I just wanna squeeze him haha!

    @Angelique: Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete